- Contain more potassium than bananas, foods high in potassium can help reduce your risk of stroke and lowers blood pressure
- High in healthy fats, monounsaturated fat helps to keep your heart healthy
- Good source of essential vitamins and minerals, including fiber, vitamin K, B5, B6, C, and folate
- Help you feel full and satiated
Avocados on toast, in a salad, in salsa, on a sandwich or in a smoothie. A great way to start your day!
Egg & Avocado Toast
- ¼ avocado
- whole grain bread toasted
- 1 Egg
- Add egg to skillet and prepare your favorite way (I like mine over easy)
- In a small bowl mash your avocado and add salt and pepper to taste and spread over toast
- Top with prepared egg
This delicious, easy, and nutritious breakfast will provide you with a great balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats that will satisfy and keep you full.
Do a body good, add avocados to optimize your diet.
Written by: Mariah Long Iowa State, Dietetics Major, Junior -2016